Spouse Dependent Work Permit

Spouse Dependent Work Permit

Are you in Canada on Spouse Dependent Open Work Permit? Want to be there for a longer time and be with your spouse as well as work? If yes, you are eligible for extension on certain criteria like the duration of your spouse’s student permit or work permit, the work experience and a few more things which our expert counselors will guide you once you get enrolled with us.

It is possible to extend Spouse Dependent Open Work Permit for Canada. With the extension, the dependent spouse can stay in Canada for longer and can work for full time as well. The extension is possible for all Spouse Dependent Visa categories: Spouse Dependent Open Work Permit and Spouse Dependent Visitor Visa.

The applicant needs to apply for the visa extension at least 45 days before the expiry of your current status. The time for processing of an extension of a Spouse Dependent Open Work Permit is approximately 60 to 90 days; the duration may vary depending on the profile of the applicant.

In case the present visa or permit has been expired of the individual then it would not be feasible to apply for a spouse work permit extension in Canada as one needs to apply for restoration of the permit first. In order to have their status back again, the applicant has to apply within a period of 90 days or else they must leave the country.

Benefits of Applying for Spouse Visa Extension
  • Can stay in Canada for a longer period of time
  • Can work in Canada for full time
  • Can spend time with his/her partner
Open chat
How can I help You